Tips for Preparing your RV for Indoor Storage for Rent in Redlands, CA
Posted by Dr. Terry Vines
Tip # 1 – Clean the RVBefore placing your RV into indoor storage, it’s a good idea to give it a wash and a wax. The wax can prevent dirt build-up and make cleaning it after storage much easier.
Tip #2 – Check the SealsOnce the RV is cleaned, look at all the seals and seams to check for anything that is worn or cracked. Repairing it before the RV goes into storage can prevent damage and save you money in the long term.
Tip #3 – Prevent MoistureIf moisture gets into the RV during storage it can lead to mold growth and musty, mildew smells. One of the best things you can do is leave the rooftop vents open.
Tip #4 – Keep the Bugs OutYou can prevent bugs and pests from entering the RV by making sure the external openings are blocked. Rooftop plumbing vents, furnace exhausts and air intake are all popular points of entries for critters.
Call Now to reserve your space!
Tip #5 – Turn off the ElectricalAfter making sure the battery is fully charged, you’ll want to use a battery disconnect switch to turn off all electrical. This will eliminate drain on the battery when you are ready to pull it out of storage.
Tip #6 – Protect the TiresLeaving an RV parked in the same spot on tires for a prolonged period can weaken the tires. If possible, place your RV on blocks to remove the weight from the tires.
Use Vines Storage in Redlands, CA as Your Trusted RV Storage ProviderAt Vines Storage, we want to ensure that your RV is in tip top shape, which is why we offer a large indoor storage facility designed to protect your investment. To learn more, give us a call at 909-389-6209.
- Safe storage service in Redlands, CA matters – for the long, happy life of your RV!
- The benefits of offsite RV storage; how we stand out from other facilities in the Redlands CA
- How our Redlands CA indoor and outdoor storage makes it easy to keep your RV in top shape
- Planning your trip; your RV is waiting for you with safe storage units in Redlands, CA!
- Tips for Preparing your RV for Indoor Storage for Rent in Redlands, CA
- RV storage options in Redlands, CA: indoor vs. outdoor at Vines Storage
- Is your RV protected from UV? Explore the benefits of indoor storage in Redlands CA
- Benefits of self storage service in Redlands CA
- Preparing Your California Camping Vehicle or RV For Seasonal Storage
- Owning an RV on your own terms - tips for our Redlands, CA RV'ers