How our Redlands CA indoor and outdoor storage makes it easy to keep your RV in top shape
Posted by Dr. Terry Vines
Mind your monthly maintenance checklistIndiana-based RV manufacturer Jayco recommends that you perform the following, among other items, on a monthly basis:
- Maximize your vehicle’s A/C – We all know how muggy our region and many parts of the country can get, especially during the height of vacation season. Make sure your air conditioner is in proper working order. Clean and vacuum vents as needed.
- Get under the hood – If you’ve got a campervan or motorhome, examine for leaks, and assure that hoses and clamps are securely fastened.
- Identify and address “entry points” --- While indoor storage minimizes the concern that rodents will enter through worn, abraded, cracked, or torn areas, you can sustain damage on the road that allows for areas where mice and pests can access vital and costly components. Re-seal the likes of cracks and exterior sealants that may have separated.
Check off items on your seasonal list“Winterizing” isn’t an issue in our neck of the woods. But there are items to tend to periodically, regardless of where your RV is “homed.” A thorough interior cleaning once or twice a season goes a long way to prevent big issues. At Vines Storage, we offer detailing and cleaning services onsite for an affordable fee. Continue to inspect for entry points and damage caused by pests and rodents, and seal off those areas to prevent further harm. Check tire pressure and wear and tear to keep your family safe when you’re on the road, and be sure to treat metals with gentle lubricants. They function better that way and resist corrosion.
Be sure to take advantage of our additional amenities, too! We have a dumpsite, compressed air, filtered water, and ice to add to the convenience and ease of RV upkeep. Call 909-389-6209 to reserve your space.
- Safe storage service in Redlands, CA matters – for the long, happy life of your RV!
- The benefits of offsite RV storage; how we stand out from other facilities in the Redlands CA
- How our Redlands CA indoor and outdoor storage makes it easy to keep your RV in top shape
- Planning your trip; your RV is waiting for you with safe storage units in Redlands, CA!
- Tips for Preparing your RV for Indoor Storage for Rent in Redlands, CA
- RV storage options in Redlands, CA: indoor vs. outdoor at Vines Storage
- Is your RV protected from UV? Explore the benefits of indoor storage in Redlands CA
- Benefits of self storage service in Redlands CA
- Preparing Your California Camping Vehicle or RV For Seasonal Storage
- Owning an RV on your own terms - tips for our Redlands, CA RV'ers