RV storage options in Redlands, CA: indoor vs. outdoor at Vines Storage
Posted by Dr. Terry Vines
At Vines Storage, we offer customers a variety of storage options for their RV in the area of Redlands, CA. One of the biggest debates is the storage of a recreational vehicle indoors or outdoors.
Call Now to reserve your space!There are several factors and instances a customer needs to think about when considering storing a motorhome indoor or outdoor:
- Cost of storing versus damage – while indoor RV storage is often more pricey than outdoor storage, it is important for motorhome owners to understand the reasons why one may opt to keep their RV in indoor storage. Customers need to think about the damage that can occur to an RV when it is left outdoors, including the weather. Rain, humidity, and hail can impact an RV if stored without coverage and can cause newer RVs to age considerably faster than those stored indoors. Customers need to think about the cost of damage that can occur to the RV versus the increased cost of storing them outdoors.
- Space choices – it is essential that customers think about the space they need for their RV. Some motorhomes are considerably smaller than others, while the larger ones will require more space. The amount of space the RV needs will impact the cost of storage. Before purchasing an RV, please take into consideration how you will store it during the offseason and factor this into the value of the motorhome.
- Home sweet home – most customers want to keep their RV at home and store it in their driveway. However, many neighborhoods will not allow for large motorhomes to be kept on the property. Outdoor storage for an RV at Vines Storage is affordable and comparable to keeping the RV at home. Otherwise, customers may instead need to add a parking pad to their lot to safely—and legally-store their motorhome on site.
- Security – Vines Storage is equipped with multiple cameras throughout the facility to ensure that recreational vehicles stored indoors, and outdoors are safe and secure. Regardless, customers are advised to keep valuables out of their motorhomes and save those at home. Customers who choose to store their RV outdoors on their property may be more susceptible to break-ins than those stored in a locked storage facility such as Vines Storage.
Which type of storage is right for me?For some customers, protection of their investment is a top priority, and indoor RV storage is sought. However, others want a more economical solution to storing their motorhome that isn’t at their place of residence. The team at Vines Storage can evaluate a customer’s storage needs and make recommendations based on their unique situation. Most outdoor storage areas are more affordable than indoor storage areas, but they are not as protected from the elements as those stored inside our climate-controlled facility. Speaking to one of our staff about the benefits of indoor versus outdoor storage is the first step in making an educated decision.
Why choose Vines Storage?There are many reasons why Redlands, CA area RV owners choose Vines Storage. The facility is easily accessible, monitored with 24-hour surveillance, and provides a wide range of storage options, both indoor and outdoor. Our team will help you choose the best storage unit for your needs and offer flexible leasing terms that suit your budget. With additional amenities, such as air, wash bay, water, ice, and dump stations, Vines Storage is one of the most convenient options for RV owners in the community.
Schedule a tour of the Vines Storage facility todayIf you live in the community of Redlands, CA and are interested in learning more about indoor and outdoor storage for your recreational vehicle, we encourage you to book a tour with one of our members by calling 909-389-6209. We offer flexible leasing options and a variety of choices to ensure your valuables are safe and secure.
- How our Redlands CA indoor and outdoor storage makes it easy to keep your RV in top shape
- Planning your trip; your RV is waiting for you with safe storage units in Redlands, CA!
- Tips for Preparing your RV for Indoor Storage for Rent in Redlands, CA
- RV storage options in Redlands, CA: indoor vs. outdoor at Vines Storage
- Is your RV protected from UV? Explore the benefits of indoor storage in Redlands CA
- Benefits of self storage service in Redlands CA
- Preparing Your California Camping Vehicle or RV For Seasonal Storage
- Owning an RV on your own terms - tips for our Redlands, CA RV'ers