Highland self-storage facility offers tips for storing your furniture in California
From college dorm room furniture that needs a home for the summer months to cribs and baby gear you may need again someday, there are plenty of reasons why residents in Highland, California may look for a place to store their furniture. If you're going to be finding a temporary, or semi-permanent, place for your furniture, consider these tips:
- Find the right storage unit. This may seem easy, but storage units have a lot of variations. Is the unit big enough? Is it on the first floor? If it's on a second, third, or higher floor, will you have to navigate steps or is there an elevator that is big enough to move your couch? Does the facility have dollies or carts available to help you transport your items from the moving truck to the storage unit? Can the temperature be controlled in the unit?
- Consider storage insurance. If you're holding onto the furniture instead of selling or donating it, chances are it has either sentimental or established value. If that's the case, it's important to find out if your homeowner's or renter's insurance will cover your furniture stored off-site. If they don't consider purchasing a policy.
- When storing the furniture, keep it off the floor of the unit by placing pallets or boards underneath it. You should also consider placing a plastic tarp over the pallets and then placing the furniture on the plastic. This creates a moisture barrier which will protect the furniture from damage.
- Keep your furniture covered with cloths or tarps to protect it from dust.
- Do not place boxes or items on top of your sofa or mattress. Not only could the weight of these items damage the furniture, they could transfer color and stain the mattress or sofa. Lightweight items and boxes can be placed on top of dressers
- Consider disassembling beds and tables and wrapping the legs in blankets or storage wrap
- Store mirrors and framed artwork upright. Laying them flat could cause the frames to warp or collapse.
- 4 benefits of storage for furniture at largest facility of its kind in Redlands
- Store your furniture safely at large facility in Redlands CA
- When searching for furniture storage in Redlands, CA, a secure unit is part of the solution
- Finding secure storage for your furniture and valuables in Redlands
- Four tips for storing your furniture long term in Redlands
- Storage for your excess furniture at Vines Storage in Redlands may help you sell your home
- Affordable self-storage units at Redlands facility prove to be ideal for furniture and other items
- Highland self-storage facility offers tips for storing your furniture in California
- Tips from your Redlands professional - placing your antique furniture into storage